|Job Title:||Senior Power System Engineer|
|VFT Job ID:||SG/ENG/POWERSYS/001/2022|
VFlowTech (VFT) is reinventing energy storage with Vanadium redox flow technology, with a vision to develop the cheapest and most scalable Vanadium redox flow batteries in the world. VFT solution is proven to be one of the safest, most durable and environmentally friendly battery technologies.
VFT is a spin-off of the CleanTech lab of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, and benefits from unique IP arising from many years of intensive research at NTU. VFT founders and management team have deep experience in the renewable space, and Vanadium redox flow technology.
VFT is passionate about powering tomorrow’s energy demands in a sustainable way. To achieve this, we believe in attracting great talent through the creation of a vibrant, progressive workplace that makes them our greatest assets. We’re always on the lookout for experienced and passionate individuals to be part of the team, working and collaborating effectively to make a positive difference.
· Lead the design and development of the power control system for flow battery, which includes design of DC side topology (battery stacks, DC-DC converters, protection circuits) to AC output (DC-AC inverter selection, power distribution system).
· Lead the development of battery management, energy management, cloud monitoring, battery charge controller, integration of different types of sensors and equipment, development of charging and discharging algorithms, etc. You should be able to lead this development.
· Produce SLD, BOM, GA of complete power components for fabrication and work closely with vendors and suppliers.
· Perform circuit analysis and simulation before the physical development.
· Responsible for the PCB layout, sample making and field test.
· Responsible for the system integration, testing and commissioning. All the development should be of industrial standards and match IEC standards.
· Work closely with vendors and research partners for the development of suitable DC-DC converters and micro-inverters.
· Lead the various ongoing research work and collaboration projects in Singapore and overseas.
· Lead the electronics team in India and Singapore, and responsible to hire required engineers, technicians, interns for completing the task.
· Degree in Power Electronic & Electrical Engineering with minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience in Power management for Battery ESS. PhD in power engineering with relevant experience will be added advantage.
· Deep understanding of renewable energy integration, energy storage system, smart grid, power electronics interfaces and power management for AC, DC and hybrid AC/DC microgrids.
· Must have experience with high power conversion system for batteries, micro-grid operation & control, power system modelling and analysis, distributed control and power quality improvement in hybrid AC/DC microgrids.
· In-depth knowledge of DC-DC converters and AC-DC bidirectional inverters. Past experience with development of micro-inverter and boost converter is a plus.
· Experience with PLC controller and micro controllers and programming software.
· Experience with BMS, EMS for batteries/super-capacitors, etc. Having experience on flow batteries is a plus.
· Strong and relevant background in working in a R&D hardware engineer leading power electronics/power system development project.
· Should be familiar with the various power topologies and design consideration on when to use them.
· Should be familiar with the full product development lifecycle of power electronics products.
· Should have past experience of project management and handling product development projects.
· Publications, patents and good track record on the related field will be added advantage.
· Flexible with travel (40%).
|Perks of Joining VFT:|
· Competitive Salary Package
· Vibrant Environment & Company Culture
· Dental, Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
· Comprehensive Leave Package
· Convince us with your skills & strengths and we promise you progressive personal & career development opportunities with our leading-edge technologies and industry know-how
|Why Join VFT:|
· We offer exciting work in a fast-growing technology start-up
· We offer our employees excellent working conditions, and numerous opportunities for development
· Our team is diverse, multi-cultural and shares the drive to make a difference and create change
· We encourage our team to bring in their ideas and take initiatives that make them proud of
· We foster a rapidly scaling working environment with a very entrepreneurial, innovative, and collaborative culture
· We see the opportunities, where others see problems
|Equal Opportunity Employer Motto:||VFlowTech is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment with VFlowTech will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, source of income, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected status|