|Job Title:||VP of Strategy & Corporate Development|
|VFT Job ID:||SG/BS/VPSCD/003/2022|
VFlowTech (VFT) is reinventing energy storage with Vanadium redox flow technology, with a vision to develop the cheapest and most scalable Vanadium redox flow batteries in the world. VFT solution is proven to be one of the safest, most durable and environmentally friendly battery technologies.
VFT is a spin-off of the CleanTech lab of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, and benefits from unique IP arising from many years of intensive research at NTU. VFT founders and management team have deep experience in the renewable space, and Vanadium redox flow technology.
VFT is passionate about powering tomorrow’s energy demands in a sustainable way. To achieve this, we believe in attracting great talent through the creation of a vibrant, progressive workplace that makes them our greatest assets. We’re always on the lookout for experienced and passionate individuals to be part of the team, working and collaborating effectively to make a positive difference.
The VP of Strategy and Corporate Development is a Singapore based position reporting to the CEO. The primary responsibility of the role is to lead initiatives related to defining, analysing, articulating (internal and external) and advancing the strategic initiatives of the firm.
This includes but is not limited to capital raises, strategic partnerships and joint ventures (investment, assets, technology), product/business strategy, M&A and market analysis. The Corporate Development & Strategy team will work closely with all other departments of the company to ensure decisions align with operational realities and maximize market opportunity – this role will be the leader of this interaction, information sharing and decision making. The role will also serve an external-facing purpose at conferences and industry events.
This role will be based in Singapore with frequent travel within Asia; and travel to Europe, US and other parts of the world as required.
· Lead capital raise efforts (equity, debt, project finance and alternative funding) including pitch deck preparation, investor identification, information sharing, due diligence and ongoing investor interaction.
· Evaluate, define, articulate (internal and external) and adjust corporate strategy and goals based on current and potential direction of the market, competitive landscape, and financial position of the business.
· Analyze and engage with potential strategic acquisition candidates (asset, technology, others) and work with the appropriate VFT department(s) to evaluate fit and strategic merit.
· Engage and advance, along with other departments, technical or strategic business partnerships.
· Oversee and support key financial modelling and quantitative analysis work performed by members of the Corporate Development and Strategy team.
· Analyse, understand and articulate (internal and external) market information regarding competitors, customers and broader market trends.
· Bachelor of Finance, Business Administration or Engineering (along with a business or managerial degree).
· MBA, CFA, managerial, or directors’ courses are a plus but not a requirement; additional training or graduate programs in relevant scientific or management fields are a plus but not a requirement.
· 7-10+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, strategy management consulting or investing (VC or PE).
· Fundraising experience (debt or equity) is required
· Experience leading a team is required.
· Experience in fundraising (equity or debt) and corporate development (joint ventures, partnerships) is a must-have requirement
· Experience in corporate strategy and decision-making is a must have
· Ability to understand, analyze and concisely present information regarding the market, competitors, customers, the business and the related decisions.
· Ability to work cross-functionally and provide solutions that satisfy various and at times conflicting priorities.
· Strong written and verbal presentation skills required – need to be adept at presenting to internal and external audiences of large sizes.
· ‘Team-first’ mentality is required with strong leadership skills.
· Skilled in large scale data aggregation, analysis and presentation.
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite (particularly excel and PowerPoint).
· Prior experience with deeptech companies is a considered an advantage
· Prior experience in techno-economic modelling is considered an asset.
|Perks of Joining VFT:|
· Competitive Salary Package.
· Performance-based Variable Bonus.
· Attractive Relocation Package (If applicable).
· Vibrant Environment & Company Culture.
· Dental, Medical & Hospitalization Insurance.
· Equity Stock Option Plan
· Comprehensive Leave & Benefits Package.
· Convince us with your skills & strengths and we promise you progressive personal & career development opportunities with our leading-edge technologies and industry know-how.
|Why Join VFlowTech:|
· We offer exciting work in a fast-growing technology start-up. Our company is situated in Singapore (heart of Asia) with one of the best infrastructure & low personal income tax rates.
· We offer our employees excellent working conditions, and numerous opportunities for development.
· Our team is diverse, multi-cultural and shares the drive to make a difference and create change.
· We encourage our team to bring in their ideas and take initiatives.
· We foster a rapidly scaling working environment with a very entrepreneurial, innovative, and collaborative culture.
· We see the opportunities, where others see problems
|Equal Opportunity Employer Motto:||VFT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment with VFT will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, source of income, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected status|